Search This Blog


Pages

Sunday 20 November 2011

Applying to University

I was always fascinated by a big campus and seeing people from different cultural backgrounds around me. But, that was not the focal point in choosing a university. I was looking for a university which is not too far from my house, helps me to gain leadership skills and yes, help me in having a successful career. York has absolutely talented professors, who not only teach at university but team up with students to do research as well. Now thats impressive!

There are a few key points when you are applying for any university and they are:
  • Travel 
  •  Faculty
  • Community
  • Ranking
  • Diversity
Always make sure you apply well in advance. Sometimes, the Office of Admissions, might require you to take language proficiency tests, portfolios or auditions. So timing is crucial in this matter. You can apply through OUAC ($125 - for three university/progam choices) or York Application Services ($90- two program choices at York University only, this was how I applied). After you make the payment, you will recieve an e-acknowledgement in your e-mail. Make sure you save this information, it is very important to keep this e-mail safe.

I will be posting you guys on what happens after you fill in your application and pay the application fee, in the next post.

Until then!

xox,
    Sobi Follow YorkYuLife on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment