Search This Blog


Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Letter From York!

I woke up this morning with an utter disappointment because I had to go to work, though only for few hours but getting up at 7 a.m., is always painful in winter. I had a pretty good day at work which is not exactly considered 'normal' for the place that I work at haha! When I got home, my dad handed me a letter for me from York University. It was a big envelope that had my offer of admission and the estimate of tuition for immigration purposes. Immigration Purposes? What? But I am a Canadian citizen, what immigration problem could I possibly encounter? I scanned through the letter many times only to find out that I was considered an International Student by mistake. The tuition cost literally gave a minor stroke, $30,000 for a year! Come on! It can make anyone cry. So, I called the Admissions Office and asked them to help me. Now I have to take my passport to York University to prove my citizenship so that the Office of Admissions can change it in my records.

Just for your information guys, my enrollment appointment is not tomorrow :( ! Thank God I checked it beforehand. It is on the 8th of December, that makes me super sad because I was so excited to finally be able to see my timetable and plan my work schedule accordingly well in advance. Well now I have to wait two more weeks for the appointment and to update you guys. Meanwhile, I have been trying to contact the Career Center at York to get an on-campus job. Will let you know it goes, until then!

xox,
    Sobi Follow YorkYuLife on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment