Search This Blog


Pages

Sunday 20 November 2011

Fall Campus Day 2012

Today was the Fall Campus Day, I normally don't like getting up early but I managed to get out, so I can ready for the FALL CAMPUS DAY. Yes! I made up my mind just last night to go to the Fall Campus Day. I left home around 9:20 a.m.. The event was supposed to start at 10 a.m. but I wanted to get a parking spot, so didn't want to be late. I arrived at York, Keele Campus, exactly at 10 a.m. and found a place to park in the alloted parking lot. There were so many student Ambassadors in the parking lot, to help the future students who came for the Fall Campus Day with their parents, friends, husbands or anyone ;) !

I was greeted by many students on the way. They were so helpful in guiding us to Vari Hall, where the event was taking place. There were so many people, quite overwhelming at first sight! I approached to the Liberal Arts and Professional Sciences table, looking all confused and suddenly I was greeted by a very cheerful (high on coffee, in other words), sweet girl. She asked if I wanted to ask her something, so I gathered up a little confidence and asked her about the Political Science program. Luckily, she was a 4th year Political Science student, because that's what I have applied to. She gave me directions to the Political Science table at the back of the Vari Hall. I approached one of the professors standing there (Wow, already approahing people to spark a conversation! Can we call this confidence?) She was very nice and explained me what this program was all about and what career paths it would open for me. She gave me her card, and asked me if I ever need to ask her anything, I can contact her! Super sweet, I thought! That was too much sweet for me today! So my last stop was Admission Experts corner, no wait, I did manage to get a free coffee that was offered that day ;)! I headed towards the Admissions Expert corner and was waiting for my turn while sipping on a coffee. Waiting, waiting, waiting......painful yeah! But wait, it was well worth it. I'll tell you how, I had been advised by Atkinson Center to bring my supporting documents to the Fall Campus Day. I walked into the room where four of the admissions experts were assisting the future students! I approached one of the Admissions Expert, she took my documents and went over them and guess what, she told me that I have an excellent chance of getting in.

So happy that I was, I ran to my car after getting some goodies from York Lanes to fill my empty stomach!

My advise is to attend the Campus Day, it is well worth it! There are so many questions that you might have in your mind! Jot them down and get help with the students who are already in your program and the professors! I think it is a perfect oppurtunity to get your application noticed as well ;) ....

xox,
   Sobi Follow YorkYuLife on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment