Search This Blog


Pages

Friday 2 December 2011

YU Connect!

"Good Morning, Welcome to York University! Give us a big smile", were the few Students Ambassadors cheering us up in the hallways while guiding us to Vari Hall on the Fall Campus Day 2012. I kept thinking, what do these lovely group of people get out of this by getting up so early and greeting complete strangers, messing up their throats. Well until then, I did not know what Yu Connect was! It is an online hub for York University's co-curricular activities. It is a facility provided by the courtesy of York University to track our out-of-class involvement with the school. And let me tell you, if you need all those jobs, scholarships what-not, you need to be involved in school, and what's better than getting an experience record for every little thing you are doing at York to help the community ;)!

Once you have activated your Passport York, your second stop should be YuConnect. Log in with your username and password that you created with passport York and there you go, sit at home and browse the organizations, events, all at one stop! You can sit at home and even join the organization of your interest from there. Few of them, that sparked my interest were:
The descriptions are compelling me to join in already but I am going to wait until I make my timetable. There are plenty more and oh oh oh!! Did I forget to mention about the university newspaper, Excalibur (their YouTube name is ExcalWeb!). You guys should definitely check out this awesome team if you need any inside updates on school. I have heard if you write five articles for Excalibur and if approved by the editor, they automatically consider you a staff! Isn't that so cool? I am trying to brush up my writing skills for the sake of it.

Guys, my recommendation is to check out YuConnect website and read their blogs! They are written by some fabulous group of students from their experiences. Let me know what do you guys think about the website and getting involved in school?

Until then, Ciao! Follow YorkYuLife on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment